15 Things I adore about my 15 year-old:
1. What he loves, he really, really loves a lot.
2. He reads the newspaper.
3. He is funny and mostly sweet with his younger sister.
4. He is absolutely sweet to small children.
5. He understands math the way I don’t think math can be simply understood and always has.
6. He doesn’t make me feel *too* bad about #5 most of the time.
7. Not only does he make beautiful pottery, he has given many of his favorite pieces to his grandparents as gifts.
8. If he makes money babysitting, he may well spend it on mushrooms.
9. He cleans up really well, as witnessed when he took on the Model UN including the required wardrobe (a suit).
10. He participates in really neat activities at the high school.
11. When he comes home from school, often he says that the day was really good and his classes were interesting. And he means it.
12. He likes to take walks with his mama.
13. He has become strong and agile and focused through karate.
14. He’s at the heart of our pick-up soccer game (along with Alex, who turns 15 tomorrow).
15. He can tell you anything you’d like to know about the West Wing.
+ one more: I’m the happiest that I get to be his mama and even say so on this blog.